Mold Remediation Cleanup
Whether you are dealing with aftermath of a devastating flood, stuck with a leaky pipe wreaking havoc in your bathroom, or concerned about the patch of mold you discovered in your kitchen, Smith & Son’s Contracting is here to help. We offer all of our customers 24/7 home emergency service and return every call within minutes, not hours. Our professionals aren’t just skilled at mold remediation; they are also experts at dealing with the insurance restoration process. We want to be your go-to mold removal and remediation service and get your property back to the happy healthy place it was before.
Mold Removal & Remediation
Mold spores exist throughout nature, so they are just about impossible to keep out of your home. Even a small amount of moisture can feed their growth and lead to a colony popping up before you realize you had a leaky pipe. Mold removal and remediation typically involves the following:
- A thorough inspection of your property to determine where the moisture is coming from, which areas have been affected by mold, and the extent of the mold damage
- Containment of the mold so that it doesn’t spread throughout your home via the HVAC system
- Filtration to remove mold spores from the air and help prevent them from continuing to spread during the mold removal and remediation process
- Removing mold growth from all affected surfaces and a thorough cleaning of the area
- Removing and cleaning any porous materials that could be harboring mold spores, including drywall, carpeting, and objects in your home
- Removing any musty or moldy odors left behind in your home after the mold removal process
- Completing any restoration work that needs to be done including repairing or replacing drywall, subflooring, carpet, or painting
Why Is Mold So Concerning?
The presence of mold in your home can lead to a whole host of health problems, as well as property damage. Some homeowners take mold seriously while others thing it’s just a part of life in humid Maryland. Mold can cause a variety of respiratory issues including coughing, wheezing, asthma symptoms, and even lung infections. Keeping a clean home, unfortunately, doesn’t mean that you are keeping a mold-free home. Without a complete inspection, including checking under carpeting, in your HVAC system, above the ceiling and behind walls, you could have a mold colony flourishing right under your nose—even if your home is otherwise clean. Beyond negative health effects, mold growth can cause rotting and decay in your insulation or woodwork.
Mold Removal & Remediation Service from Smith & Son’s
If you are ready for skilled and quick mold removal and remediation services at any time of day, Smith & Son’s Contracting has the expertise, quality, and experience in the restoration and insurance industries you need. We don’t settle for less, and you shouldn’t either. For an exceptional job at an honest price throughout the state of Maryland and Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, and Howard County, give us a call today at (410) 360-5252 or 1-410-245-5954 for 24/7 insurance home emergency service.